Reporting on COVID-19 symptoms, exposure and testing is essential to the health and safety of our community. The following guide can help you determine whether to self-report.
You must self-report your status immediately if you fall into any of the following groups. Note that you must self-report your status, even after you've been vaccinated.
- You are experiencing coronavirus symptoms.
- You must not be present on campus until your test results are received and you have received a clearance letter from the Contact Tracing Team.
- You may work or do school remotely for a temporary time frame if you are able, with supervisory and professor approval, while awaiting your results and clearance.
- You have had prolonged contact in close proximity of 6 feet or less with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19, whether wearing masks or not, for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
- Healthcare providers who have had protected contact with COVID-19 patients while wearing respiratory PPE, such as N95 masks, do not need to self-report.
- If you are fully vaccinated (2 doses of Moderna or Pfizer, or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) AND 14 or more days have elapsed since your final dose, you may not need to quarantine after exposure to a known positive COVID-19
case. You still must self-report and the Contact Tracing team will follow up with further information or a clearance letter.
- You are under quarantine by direction of a public health agency or medical provider.
- Quarantine is a 14-day safety measure in place for individuals exposed to a COVID-19-confirmed person, in case symptoms develop during the incubation period
of the virus.
- You have tested positive or are presumptively positive for COVID-19, and/or are in isolation.
- Isolation is a 10-day prevention measure to keep COVID-19-positive or presumptively positive individuals from spreading the virus to others. You may not be
present on campus during this time and you must work with the Contact Tracing Team to receive a clearance letter to return to campus.